04 Oct The Nature Education Center in Umianowice is already open.
The Nature Education Center in Umianowice was officially opened today (Friday, September 30). The newest tourist attraction in the Świętokrzyskie province is located in the municipality of Kije. One of the main attractions is the Nidarium, an aquarium designed to introduce life in the Nida River, the longest river in the Świętokrzyskie Province. It is the only such reservoir in the region and one of the few in the country. Its capacity is nearly 25,000. liters of water.
MarshalAndrzej Bętkowski stresses that Umianowice and the nearby inland Nida delta, is a unique place on the map of Świętokrzyskie. As he stresses, the center will play an extremely important role in the education of children and young people. – The Nida River Delta, is a unique ecosystem in Europe, and perhaps the world. It features plants and animals not found elsewhere in our province. Today, children and young people have less and less direct contact with nature. Therefore, at this center we present an attractive offer, so that young people will be able to spend the night at the center, as well as have contact with animals, or the opportunity to participate in the cultivation of plants. Presence here will guarantee direct contact with nature,” the marshal added.
SenatorKrzysztof Słoń stresses that the entire complex in Umianowice is extremely impressive. According to the parliamentarian, the facility will contribute to the promotion of Ponidzie.
– At the moment, in order to attract tourists and keep them a little longer, the offer must be comprehensive, in addition to gastronomy and accommodation, it must also have interesting attractions, not available anywhere else. The aquariums, available at the Nidarium, are a wonderful cognitive, educational and informational asset, about what is happening in this beautiful and still undiscovered area, he estimates.
Swietokrzyskie voivodeZbigniew Koniusz stresses that the facility in Umianowice, in addition to fitting in with the needs and challenges of caring for nature, also responds to the needs of the younger generation. – This place has all the qualities for young people to enjoy spending time in nature. The center has a hotel part, so that the youngest can explore and observe the inland Nida delta over several days, but also take part in demonstrations and workshops. Thanks to this, young people will have available in a nutshell everything that their extremely attractive natural region of Ponidzie can surprise them with,” he adds.
According to Zbigniew Koniusz, the facility is an extremely successful initiative by the management of the Świętokrzyskie region, thanks to which Umianowice will become an educational center, as well as a tourist center, around the Nida River.
– The center is a flagship investment of the Świętokrzyskie region, it is impressive,” stressedMarek Boguslawski, Deputy Marshal of the Świętokrzyskie region.
– At the same time, it’s a great idea to teach, show and promote environmental activities, through fun,” he says.
Marek Jońca, a member of the board of directors of the Swietokrzyskie Voivodeship, notes that concern for environmental protection, in today’s world, is extremely valuable. – A clean and well-maintained environment also improves our quality of life. Through the establishment of this center, we want to teach the youngest generations to respect nature and care for the environment. We want this facility to be a space for the education of children and young people, but also for scientific activities,” he adds.
– The aquarium was home to, among others, the king of the Nida River – a catfish that measures 90 cm. There is also an asp – a predatory fish measuring approx. 90 cm from the carp family, tench or perch. There are also weatherfish , amur bitterlings , minnows, sticklebacks, and protected species such as the spined loach.
The resort will allow contact with nature, communing with nature. – There will be many interesting nature activities,” addsTomasz Halatkiewicz, director of the Complex of Swietokrzyskie and Nadnidziański Landscape Parks.
– E.g.. searching at night for owls, bats. You will be able to find out what Polish ponies like best, where toads overwinter, and what a newt looks like, he says.
The Nature Education Center has 55 beds, an education and conference room, a dining room with kitchen facilities, a design and research lab, and four guest rooms for scientists and students doing nature projects or doing internships or apprenticeships.
In addition, the water tower was renovated for ornithological observation. From its top you will be able to admire the surrounding fauna, flora, as well as sunsets. Aviaries for birds have also been built in the vicinity of the tower, which will house falcons, buzzards, owls and hawks, among others. A section has also been set aside for what is known as a mini bird rehabilitation center
Technical facilities for agricultural equipment and educational facilities related to the demonstration farm were established, i.e. a sheepfold, a stable and a chicken coop. Special educational and economic facilities will also soon be built for Kielce goose show enclosure. The narrow-gauge train station and platform have also been rebuilt.
Classes will begin in mid-November. A ticket price list will also be available soon. Reservations will be made by calling the Complex of Świętokrzyskie and Nadnidziański Landscape Parks. The center will be open 24 hours a day.
The total cost of construction of the Nature Education Center in Umianowice was nearly PLN 22 million. The project was subsidized by 85 percent. With funds from the Regional Operational Program of the Swietokrzyskie Voivodeship and the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management.
Source: Radio Kielce